Peter Guidotti introduction

Please introduce yourself here, and share about your interest by microscopes, what instruments you have and what are you doing with them.
peterg

Peter Guidotti introduction

Post by peterg »

Hello Joao and friends,

I’m a collector of microscopes, based currently in Houston, but of British birth.

While interested in any microscope of historic significance, my main period of interest is late 1930’s through the 1970’s. This is what I call the ‘golden age’, when most of the current optical techniques were already available, and the instruments constructed in a modular fashion, without plastic or electronics. Leitz, Vickers (CTS) and Reichert are among my favorites.

I particularly like the large, research stands, which would once have cost a fortune but have now often become easily affordable thanks to online auctions. A second theme of my collection are the ‘portable/military/field’ microscopes, which are difficult to define exactly, but I think you will know what I mean.

With a background in geology, petrological stands are frequent in my collection
j.inacio
Site Admin

Re: Peter Guidotti introduction

Post by j.inacio »

Hi Peter,
Sorry for the late reply. Welcome to this newly created forum. It is still very empty, as you can see :roll:
Hopefully, will become more animated with time.
Best wishes,
Joao